Get Advanced Laser Dentistry Treatment in Marietta
At Shining Smiles Family Dentistry, our goal is to take the stress and worry out of a visit to the dentist. With the use of laser dentistry technology, Dr. Shaila Mohip-Chahwala provides her calm and gentle approach to family dental care while delivering the most precise treatment possible. Come see us at our Marietta dental office – you’ll learn how laser dentistry offers a whole new approach to dental treatment.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry involves the use of lasers for various dental treatments that previously involved drills and other devices. The technology applies a beam of light energy with great precision to the targeted area of the mouth. At Shining Smiles, we use laser dentistry for a diverse range of treatments, including gum shaping, nerve regeneration and treating cold sores.
In order to provide the most comfortable and gentle dental care and treatment, Dr. Mohip implements laser dentistry wherever it will benefit our patients. Searching for laser dentistry near me won’t always bring the most results – and that’s because many dental practices do not yet offer the technology.
The Advantages of Laser Dentistry
- More Comfortable Conditions – The main causes of discomfort during procedures are vibration and pressure. These issues are eliminated with lasers.
- Quicker Recovery Time – Laser dentistry usually won’t require sutures and won’t lead to swelling. Additionally, lasers can help with tissue regeneration.
- Less Chance of Infection – Laser dentistry can prevent bacterial infections by sterilizing the area being treated.
- Minimized Bleeding – Laser technology can encourage blood clotting. Compared to traditional treatments, there is less chance of bleeding from gums.
- Reduced Sensitivity – Laser dentistry is less painful than the traditional scrapping, prodding and pulling. It’s generally preferred by those with sensitive teeth.
How Does Laser Dentistry Work?
Laser dentistry works by beaming a narrow light on the treatment area to repair cavities, shape gums or remove infections. Dr. Mohip uses different lasers for hard and soft tissue treatments, allowing for a customized approach to dental care. The entire process is safe, comfortable and painless, delivering precise results for our patients.
Common Questions About Laser Dentistry
Dental lasers have broad applications. Laser dentistry is frequently used for cavity detection, crown lengthening, fixing a “gummy smile” and teeth whitening. Laser dentistry is also used in nerve regeneration and temporomandibular (TMJ) issues.
A whitening solution is placed on the teeth and a laser activates it, producing significantly whiter teeth. For rapid results, laser teeth whitening is a good option.
Visit Us for Laser Dentistry Treatments in Marietta
Next time you need a dental examination or treatment, come see us at Shining Smiles Family Dentistry. Dr. Mohip-Chahwala and our team are dedicated to providing the highest quality treatment. To find out more about laser dentistry or any other procedure, call (770) 420-8550 – or request an appointment at our Marietta dental office.