CORONA VIRUS UPDATE
To our valued patients, friends, and family,
For the past seven weeks, Shining Smiles has only been open for emergency procedures to help reduce the burden on local hospitals and emergency rooms. We would like to thank each and every one of you who sacrificed your dental health to allow us to serve the community during these unprecedented times.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and health. In addition to our high standards of care, we have implemented new infection control processes. Our office will follow the updated infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
At your next visit, you will notice some changes. We are taking extended measures to further protect all our patients with the following additional protocols:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Before your appointment, we ask that you stay in your car instead of the waiting room until we’re ready to seat you in your personal operatory. Simply call or text us when you arrive, and we will let you know when we’re ready for you.
- You will be greeted at the door by a team member wearing full protective gear including a N95 mask who will use a No-Touch thermal scan thermometer to record your temperature.
- At the start of your appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with OraCare which has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- We have installed glass partitions at check in and at our check out desks to protect you and the staff.
- There will be designated areas to stand at check out and arrows showing you how to walk through the office to maintain social distancing.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
You can be assured safety measures at Shining Smiles Family Dentistry will continue to evolve as more information develops.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Shaila Mohip and the entire Shining Smiles Team